Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Day in the ER

Tuesday around 2 p.m. Ian's Mom called me at work, and said that Ian was having trouble breathing and had chest pain. They wanted to know what to do. I connected them directly with the nurse (perks of working at a Doctors office), and they were told to go to the ER. At 2:30 p.m. Ian had been put on oxygen and was in a lot of pain still. They were able to start a series of blood tests and once that was done they started nitro. Nitro is for people having heart attacks to help calm the heart muscle. After 3 of those and 3 blood test and 7 1/2 hrs in the ER they sent us home. He is going for a stress test on Thursday Morning at 7:45 a.m. Ian was extreamly tired after the day and was ready to go to bed when we got home after 10 last night, but I was wired. I finally fell asleep and got back up at 6:30 a.m. for work.
Somewhere in the middle of all the ER events I went down and took my first quiz for my CNA class. I got a 100% which made me happy, and I got my homework for Thursday. Crazy week!
I thank the Lord for such great in-laws who put themselves out for us to help with the kids. If it weren't for them I would have been alone it it all cause no one else lives close enough to help. God is good!

No comments: